Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the impending release of Phar Lap – Horse Racing Challenge for PlayStation®4 and Microsoft Xbox One®, developed by New Zealand based games studio PikPok. The game will release digitally and at retail in Australasia on 22 March 2019, with other territories to follow. Alternative Software Ltd. will be releasing the game in the U.K.
Phar Lap – Horse Racing Challenge will let you experience the thrill and thunder of racing with the pride and prestige of building your own stable of champions. Online Racing and Betting game modes allow you get straight into the action with friends, share and download horses with the community via the Horse Creator, or build a dynasty of thoroughbred champions to restore your family legacy in Story Mode.
“We have had great success with our sports products over the years, and we are thrilled to add the exciting sport of horse racing to our portfolio” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. “Like our other titles, we are delivering a great looking game, with a depth of features, endless replay possibilities, online multiplayer mode, and content sharing capability. This is a world class horse racing videogame experience”.
The features and content of Phar Lap – Horse Racing Challenge include
- Cinematic Graphics: realistic horses with motion-captured animations showcase and capture the action and intensity of the race
- Online Racing: lets you run in real time alongside others with up to 8 players online
- Career Story Mode: rebuild your family legacy, and breed and race your way back to the top. Make history and build a brighter future.
- Place Bets: share the fun as you place your bets with friends and watch races play out
- Horse Creator: create your own horse, customise and share with other users, and download community created horses
- Race Commentary: Dynamic voice commentary by professional race caller Matthew Hill
Phar Lap – Horse Racing Challenge will release digitally and at retail in Australasia for PS4 and Xbox One and PC on 22 March 2019, with other territories to follow.