Tired of shooting strangers in big battle royale games? Want to go back to basics and get the excitement of blowing-up your best friends with magic missiles in local PVP? Then get ready to become a wizard and lose some hard-earned friendships. Abrakadaboom is coming to early access on April 18th, 2019 on PC via Steam for $19.99 (UK: £15.40 – EU: 17,90 €).
The two sorcerers in charge at Argonauts Studios consider their powerful spell stable enough to allow every wannabe wizard to face their friends in frantic four player battles. They even ensure that everyone will be revived whether you are blown-up, impaled, crushed, burned, melted or killed by any other means! Fun comes with a bit of risk, or so they say!
“Nothing should explode that is not meant to. If it does anyway, we hope it’ll be funny and inconsequential.” Alex, sorcerer at Argonauts Studios.
Key features available at early access launch:
- Local multiplayer: Up to 4 players (human or bot) in free-for-all or team-vs-team battles!
- 5 magic types each with its own environments, powers and effects.
- 20 arenas most of them with specific hazards you can exploit to get the upper hand.
- 4 game modes:
- Sudden death: You’ve got one life and there can be only one survivor. Be fast or the arena will try to kill you all.
- Extra life: Kill, die, respawn… just not too many times!
- Witch hunt: Hunt your friends and steal their magic wands!
- Keep the runes: Get points by carrying runes, but be warned, they will slow you down, and you’ll get chased… a lot.
- Online multiplayer an much more to be expected during early access and beyond!